Thursday, March 19, 2009

T is for.........



Tannah.....our clever, talkative, funny, loving a beautiful Tannah who continues to have Marcus and I tearing our hair out one minute and laughing our heads off the next. For a 4 year old girl she has the most wicked sense of humour and her comprehension and maturity blows us away. Old friends used to love being entertained with 'Tannahisms'. A good friend always tells me I should be writing the things that come out of Tannah's mouth because they're 21st birthday party worthy for sure.

Tannah often comes out with words or expressions that most 4 year olds wouldn't even know how to use in the correct context let alone know what they even mean. Marcus and I will often ask her what something means when we hear her say something and I'm sure she must think we're really daft.

This morning she requested a clipboard to take to preschool with her. When I asked her why she said because today was her news day and she was taking her new textas to show her friends and intended to demonstrate the to the children. So of course I asked her if she knew what demonstrate meant to which she rolled her eyes and said 'yes mum it's when you show someone how something works, you should know that'.

Marcus asked her a question the other day and she answered him but he obviously didn't hear her because 5 minutes later he asked her again but she never answered him the second time. So this exchange took place

Me: Tannah daddy is speaking to you
Tannah: I know mum but I already answered him once. I'm not answering again, he doesn't listen. There's something wrong with his ears.

And last week
Marcus: I love you bubby
Tannah: Yep
Marcus: (obviously expecting a reciprocal 'I love you') Bubby I love you
Tannah: I know dad I heard you the first time you only have to say it once

No comments:

Post a Comment