Monday, May 18, 2009

We have chooks

Let me introduce to you Sally in the white, Jade in the light brown and Jessica in the dark brown. The latest addition to the Robbo menagery. Mind you they did have other names but T thought they were crap so promptly re-named them.

We took possession of these delights last week and they almost went as quick as they came. M thought it would be a brilliant idea to let the dogs out while the chooks were out as well and lets just say it near ended in disaster. I fail to understand why he thought it was a good idea but well we all know what thought did don't we. They chased them around the yard, the white one tried to fly away and actually managed to get off the ground only to have Jazz....yes Jazz the 4 foot shit in her shadow staffy jump up and pluck her out of the air. White feathers every where, me yelling at the dogs and at Marcus and the chooks almost carking it on the spot - yep it was a really good situation to be in *rolls eyes*




They're actually really friendly and will follow you around the yard and come when you call them. Jade will actually walk up to you and wait to be picked up, something T is only too willing to do, as you can see. If T goes missing you can bet your left butt cheek she'll be outside with the chooks and almost always sitting on her swing cuddling Jade. I heard her the other day telling Jade that she wishes she could sleep in her bed with her. FMD could you imagine the mess!



Oh and if we leave the door open Jade wanders in for a bit of a look see and here's Tannah removing her from the family room. She gets quite put out too let me tell you. She stands at the back door looking in as if to say 'why did you put me back out, I want to be in there with you'. I probably wouldn't mind her coming in except have you seen the size of their shits? I got enough to clean up inside without having to clean up chook shit LOL.




6 comments:

  1. Jodi Lee, I cant see why you wouldnt let Jade sleep with Tannah. Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. She has been known to have a whole lot of other stuff in bed with her, a little chook is not going to take up much space...
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jodes, I have come to the conclusion that you are recreating the "Good life" (although M makes an interesting 'Tom'). But I am OK with that cause even though I dont live next door, I am right to be the Penelope Keith character Margo. Hmm she even wore a MuMuu...

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoo Jodes, you've joined me in the menagerie stakes lol.

    I know what you mean about the size and mess of their shit, you should see our backyard with 6 chooks and 2 dogs it's like a freaking mine field lol. Our chooks like to come inside and say hello as well, Daisy also likes to bring them inside and tells me they're going to watch Dora with her *rolls eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Let me get this straight. You have chooks. You dye your own yarn. You knit. You sew. You use real nappies (as opposed to the pretend ones the rest of us use :P)
    Lis is right. It's Tom and Barbara, except with kids.
    You're scaring me. Stop it.

    :D
    Nic
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. AHEM!
    You promised more pics and an update.

    I'm waiting...

    *taps foot impatiently*

    Nic

    ReplyDelete