Monday, June 22, 2009

Hi ho, hi ho its back to work I go.......

I'd had Darci on the waiting list at Tannah's daycare centre since I was about 13 weeks pregnant and they finally had a spot come up a few weeks ago so I decided to take it.


I'm back at work in the office on a Monday and working another 8 hours over the course of the week from home until I get more care for Darci.


While I was off my team moved into their new premises and until a few weeks ago they had no other admin support so there's lots to do. I really did enjoy being at home but doing it 24/7 isn't my thing. I'm not one to go to playgroups and stuff and mother's groups aren't my thing so really going back to work has again given us the best of both worlds - Darci gets an opportunity to interact with people other than us and I get to sink my teeth into something a bit more than deciding what nappy to put on her next or what to feed her today for lunch.


So yes I'm giving my child to someone else to raise while I return to work......oh the shame, shoot me now ROFL!


So how did Darci like her first day?

Absobloodylutely loved it up until just before Marcus got there to pick her up really. She ate like a champion, slept like a champion and grinned like the village idiot for everyone who looked at her. When M got there she had been crying and director was holding her. She said Darci was hugged my another child and must have got a fright or been hugged too tight. M bundled her up and put her in the car. When they got home she was still sobbing but otherwise happy.


When I undressed her to get her ready for bed I'd found she hadn't actually been cuddled too tight afterall......this was the culprit

The poor little bugger had been bitten. Obviously by an older child given it was a full set of teeth. M wasn't impressed, I was sad for her but I also understand how quick it can happen and that biting is just something that some children do. I think I'd rather have the child who gets bitten that the child who does the biting.
I mentioned it to the CCC when I went back the next time and they were horrified and so apologetic. It was good in a way that she was still sporting a nice bruise when I told them because at least they could see I wasn't over reacting.
So mum you can tell dad they're still looking for the child responsible but unfortunately due to the privacy act address details won't be forthcoming even if they do find them.

No comments:

Post a Comment