A blanket/floor rug thingy for my hairdresser's little boy Taj who was born last Monday. Noice bright colours to keep the little tacker awake he he!
And some yarn I dyed myself. This will be turned into some sore of wooly goodness for Darci some time soon.
Speaking of new bubbas.....my friend Lili had her 3rd baby yesterday another little girl Sequoia. Can't wait to go and visit them in hospital. Caongratulations Lil - see you soon :)
The blanket floor rug thingie is gorgeous! Your hairdressers little boy will love it! And the yarn is very interesting. Have no idea how you dyed it to look like that, but I reckon it would look very cool on something for D. BTW I have it on good authority that G LOVED the pink knitted pants that you did for D - much to you-know-who's horror :-)
ReplyDeleteI am going to get crafty this weekend, but only with crapbooking. Am going to introduce one of Bees friend's mothers to the horror that is crapbooking. Can you hear Nic shuddering from here? heh heh heh
Pls post more pics of gorgeous kids :-)
Hey I finally checked out your blog. Love the colours of the wool, what dying method did you use?
ReplyDeleteTan it's dyed with Kool-Aid which believe it or not is actually a powdered cordial type of drink from the US. It's super easy and they give the best colours ever.
ReplyDeleteYou should try it - I reckon it would be a really good activity to do with the littlies at DC. I'm going to do some with T's class at preschool when she goes back after having her tonsils out.
Let me know if you want to have a go and I'll point you in the direction of some super easy instructions.
Thank goodness I'm getting a visit from a friend that doesn't do craft this weekend. I was starting to think ALL of my friends had lost the plot, but now I know that's not strictly true.
ReplyDeleteYes, yes- it's all gorgeous, but SHEESH!! :P
Nic
I've heard of Kool-Aid before, but haven't heard of it being used for dying. Where do you buy it from?
ReplyDeleteYou can get it from http://www.tinkletots.net/cart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=105 and http://www.wiredforfibre.com.au/store/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2_19
ReplyDeleteApparently you can use powdered food colouring too and get the same results.