The countdown is onTannah is off to hospital on Friday to have her tonsils out. She has to stay overnight and despite trying to talk her into having daddy stay with her, she's insistant that mummy stays instead, so it looks like it will be a chick's night in.
Nic asked me the other day how I was holding up. TBH I can't wait. Tannah has been such a handful lately that I'm pinning all my hopes on this operation calming her down somewhat. The ostruction her tonsils are causing can't possibly allow her to get a decent night's sleep, so we end up with a cranky, irrational, obnoxious, emotional little.......little thing. We could probably cope if she was a normal 4yo with a 4yo vocab and comprehension but she isn't and quite frankly often we can't.
She was such a little shit last Friday I could have easily wrung her neck - several times. I ended up sending her to her room later in the afternoon and she put on a stellar performance the treasure that she is. You know - kicking walls, screaming like she's being murdered and slamming doors and drawers. So instead of staying there for 5 minutes like I said she had to to begin with, she ended up being there for and hour. I know when she really has the shits because she goes under her bed. Personally I'd opt for the wardrobe myself (having spent half my childhood years in one myself LMAO) as there's more room in there than under her bed but whatever floats her boat I guess.
Anyway after such horrid behaviour on Friday she's laying in bed with us on Saturday morning (on my side because Marcus' stinks apparently.....like spaghetti) and out of the blue she grabbed my around the neck, squeezed me really tight and said 'I love you mummy' I said 'I love you too bubby more than you'll ever know' to which she replied 'but I love you even when you're really cranky at me'. Fark talk about knowing how to melt your heart! *sigh* Aren't kids just the best!
We took her out for tea tonight as a treat because she's going to hospital. She chose the pub because she loves that she gets to tickle the ivories on the piano in the restaurant and can go and order her own red lemonade from the bar.......there's a lot to be said for living in bum fk idaho...really there is :). Marcus didn't mind cause the schooner draw was on and he won 1st and 3rd prize......35 schooners all up.
We have another water baby
Darca Moo started swimming lessons today and she absolutely loved it.....but let's face it there really isn't much Darci doesn't love. That kid just grins like the village idiot at anything and anyone. For a baby who spent the first 13 weeks of her life a sad, angry and miserable little girl she sure has made up for lost time. I seriously can not believe how happy this little girl is.
Anyway I didn't get any photos as sadly for the rest of the population I actually had to get in the pool with her (yep me and Bob Jane T Mart.....I really need to go on a diet). As soon as Marcus can come and watch I'll get him to take some photos of her.
Just to keep the minklet happy........
Especially since I told you all she used to lock me in the cupboard which isn't true BTW
I nearly wet myself everytime I look at this picture. The look on her face just cracks me up! Poncho courtesy of Booty!

I don't seem to have too many of Tannah ATM. I will get some of her on Friday though. She's already told me to make sure I pack the camera.....the poser that she is.


A new tatoo
Yup got a new one. It says 'My Love My Life My Everything Tannah Darci'.
How good am I going to look when I'm 80 covered in skany tatts eh? Meh I doubt I'll be wanting to wear skimpy threads at the ripe old age of 80 so there's little chance on anyone seeing them anyway.
The only thing is now this one is nice and shiny and new, the other one on my shoulder is a bit faded so I'm going back soon to have it recoloured......afterall it is nigh on 16 years old.

More wooly goodness
A little Tikki Rainbow Dress http://tikkifabricaddict.blogspot.com/2008/01/rainbow-dress.html for Sequoia. This is so cute I almost loathe to part with it. Lucky it doesn't fit Darci otherwise I don't think it would make it to Lil's tomorrow.

And this one is for Darca Moo made with the yarn I dyed myself.
You know Jodes I am actually a bit 'jalouse' that you have cool tramp stamps - I have always secretly wanted one, but can never decide which fat roll to decorate.
ReplyDeleteAs for T - dont be too disappointed if the surgery doesnt solve all your issues love - there is something about 4 - 5 year old girls that just does your head in. They get cheeky, snarky, treat you like you a moron and they generally make life unpleasant enough for you to lie awake at night fretting because you are in love with the younger child whilst you are not liking the older one at all. The only peace I can offer is that they DO get through it. Bee is wonderful now (most of the time) but I could have happily adopted her out to Madonna or Brangelina when she was around T's age.
The knitting is very cool. And it is very fashionable now in a 'recessionista' way cause I think people are harking back to simpler, more community based days - when mums knitted and we had to make things go a lot further. Sewing, knitting and crafts are all part of that idea. Of course I cant knit to save myself, so will have to live vicariously through yourself :-)
Good luck with the surgery and I hope M copes with the D monster :-)
darci is just the cutest little darling. glad you decided to tell all your bloody friends that i didnt really lock you in the wardrobe you little b....h ha ha. give tannah big kisses from nanny and i will ring her soon.
ReplyDelete"They get cheeky, snarky, treat you like you a moron and they generally make life unpleasant enough for you to lie awake at night fretting because you are in love with the younger child whilst you are not liking the older one at all." ...mine are like that now and they are 18 and 13!
ReplyDeleteChris
A couple of mine are great... They know who they are. Just in case they cant work it out ... the female ones ha ha
ReplyDeleteOh! So now we're reduced to being your "bloody friends", Jodes? I dunno. Your mum sounds like she might have a bit of a temper- she probably DID lock you in the cupboard. Mind you, you probably deserved it :P
ReplyDeleteThose girls, as always, are gorgeous. And (don't keel over!) the dresses are, too!
Nic
xxx